Monday, January 25, 2010

1:28

ONE MINUTE AND TWENTY EIGHT SECONDS on a 400m, not on a track, on asphalt, WITH a turnaround.

Hauling. My. Ass. AND I was not being chased by hell hounds or badgers on PCP, I was just going as fast as I possibly could.

For the sake of simply going as fast as I possibly could.

Because apparently, I am a runner now.

Isn't that curious?

8 comments:

Mel_Joulwan said...

Erika, are you made of lightning?

erikajeanne said...

now wouldn't that be fabulous!?

it took me almost 4 minutes to recover from that. my body was in as much disbelief as my brain.

at the start of the endurance training my fastest time was 1:43, which happened to be my slowest time on the 400m repeats last nigh. i guess we can safely say that the training worked....

Erin Clare said...

Okay--that is ridiculously awesome! For some reason, my heart started racing thinking about that sprint. How retarded is it to get nervous from another's run?

erikajeanne said...

haha, that happens to me all the time Erin!

i just hit one of my big I AM goals. now i need to make my second best time the normal. that's going to really uncomfortable.

Mel_Joulwan said...

I'm kinda of forcing myself to read this every day -- http://theclothesmakethegirl.blogspot.com/2009/10/being-comfortable-with-being.html -- because until my Synthroid starts working its magic, I'm gonna be uncomfortable. We can revel in discomfort together!

erikajeanne said...

Mel, that is one of my favorite posts. it's so true, you have to get comfy with being uncomfortable. it's horrible, but at least it's predictable, you know?

Mel_Joulwan said...

The SUPER annoying thing is that as soon as I just shrug and give myself over to it, IT'S NOT UNCOMFORTABLE ANYMORE. But man! I fight it. And bargain. And whine inside my noggin.

And then when I stop everything is OK.

Annoying.

Barbara said...

Um you are not only a runner, you ARE a badass sprinter.