My two year anniversary with Crossfit Central is next Monday, and this morning I finally have a respectable RX'd time for one hell of a workout. The last time I pushed through Fran I was not sub 10 minutes, let's not even TALK about the first time...
This morning was 8:34. Eight minutes and thirty-four seconds. Before we started I waved a little sub 10 minutes juju over that bar with my hands, gave quick thanks to my body for being strong and able, and shooed those butterflies out of the way... My front squat form, while better, is still in need of work. Ass, hips and shoulders need to come up at the same time. I'm shoulder pressing that 65# up instead of using the actual thruster movement to gain momentum. AnyomgI'msogladIcanmovepastthisnow....
The last two years have been very full years, but I'm not going to dive too far into the rabbit hole on this one, we'll save most of it for next week. I will say that the first time I walked into that little gym I was terrified. I looked around at all those strong people, drenched in sweat and was not sure if I had it in me to continue. These people were athletes, probably had been their entire lives. I was not an athlete, never had been, but I really wanted to be. Two years later, I can with full confidence say: I am an athlete.
That is wicked fun to say.
5 comments:
Fabulous! You're not only an athlete, but you've inspired others (namely, me) to become athletes. I know I've told you this before, but I don't know what life would look like right now if you hadn't whispered in my ear about this crossfit thing. Congratulations on a new milestone and two (more) years of incredibly hard work.
Neener. You're an athlete! You have to sit at the jocks' table at lunch.
I'd like to point out that YOU are now one of those people that looks intimidating when newbies walk into the gym. Good thing you're ridiculously awesome and nice, too.
Congratulations, superstar.
I love a post like this. Bad. Ass. That feeling you have inside about your time and your upcoming anniversary is so special, so keep it close to you.
And damn if I hadn't dropped "athelete" from my daily CrossFit vocabulary. I skirt around words like "diet" and "being in shape" namely due to the wrong impressions people get.
It's not just being fit, it's about running with the big boys too. Sittin' at the jocks' tables. And helping those around you.
Note to self: must remember to be more like an athelete and less like a gym member.
Way to kick-ass on Fran today! Congrats on the PR! You are one of the many atheletes at CrossFit Central that make it such a fun and positive place to train. Keep workin hard!
THANKS YOU GUYS!!!!
it feels really intense to look back on all that i have accomplished, AND it's really exciting thinking about how much lies ahead!
we're all athletes... because well, we are athletic. no? crossfit doesn't work for people who want to be members of a gym. you have to have heart to jump in there and still come back for another round.
i love you guys and if were drinking alcohol, i'd totally toast to you....
Anna, if you are reading this, you my dear deserve a friggin medal for that massive rip you blessed your palm with. I wish you quick healing. xoxox
Post a Comment