Wednesday, January 13, 2010

"Give Birth To That Workout"

This nugget of genius came from Anna, whom I speak of quite a bit. This does not mean to draw comparisons between the pain (simmer down mommas), more to bring attention to how a person has to forget the amount and kind of pain that existed in a workout (like labor) to do it all over again (to have another kid), because at some point, it will be written on that white board again.

On that note, this morning's workout was one that falls into the category of necessary evil and "pain that must be forgotten...quickly." It will stick with me all day (hopefully not longer), and my sincerest apologies to my legs. I'm not sure walking will be graceful in the morning.

5 Rounds:
10 Back Squats (85#s)
25 Air Squats
400m Run

I made it to the 5th round when time was called. In accordance with my goal of always being in control, and keeping my mind steady, I chose to go to 85#s instead of the RX'd 95# for a few reasons: 1) I want to work on my running 2) Back squats scare the h.e.l.l out of me and I need to build up that confidence 3) Yesterday I did the I AM workout of 100m walking lunges, 50 sit ups, 100m walking lunges, 40 sit ups.... all the way to 10 sit ups. The previous day, Monday, was topped off with endurance training, including some very painful and successful 400m sprints.
Dudes, my calves. Are. Angry.

Anywho, my weekly Free Will Astrology newsletter came yesterday, and this is what Rob Brezsny had to say:

"PISCES (Feb. 19-March 20): It's graduation time. Not in any officially recognized sense, maybe, but still: You have completed your study of a certain subject in the school of life. At a later date, maybe you will resume studying this subject on a higher level, but for now you've absorbed all you can. I suggest you give yourself a kind of final exam. (Be sure to grade it yourself.) You might also want to carry out a fun ritual to acknowledge the completion of this chapter of your story. It will free up your mind and heart to begin the next chapter."

That's a relief...

My rest day tomorrow is going to taste like ice cream.

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Didn't care for the "lunge til you can't lunge no mo" WOD...Have you done the burpee/thruster I AM WOD?


Oy...