I have a friend named Franny, really I do, we worked together on Grindhouse. She's pretty incredible, works extremely hard and is calculating and fearless in the face of movie production bullshit, which is very hard. She also makes really adorable faces. I can't help but think about her when our benchmark workout "Fran" comes around:
"Fran"
21-15-9
65# Thrusters
Pull Ups
This was my last Fran and notice I mention "faster" quite a lot. The cut off time this morning was 10 minutes and I made it to the third round. True confessions: last Fran was 28 minutes. Granted, I stopped focusing on time, and just took extra recovery. It didn't have to be that long and drawn out. This morning I did get faster and I now have five weeks to bring it down. How shall I proceed?
Heavy thrusters. As heavy as I can and still get three reps, with recovery in between rounds, for 5 rounds. It's also time to graduate my pull ups. There is no good reason why I am at 3's other than a mental block. I'm strong enough to tackle more and I've earned it. Five weeks under 10 minutes. Shit, let's rock the boat and say sub 8. I fold at the bottom of the squat and that ends up making the entire movement totally inefficient. I waste my energy instead of utilizing momentum, not good.
In related news, I have officially gotten bruised by a part of my own body. Driving home I noticed parallel bruises on my upper thighs and realized they were inflicted by my elbows coming down from those damn thrusters. Nice.
No comments:
Post a Comment