Monday, October 12, 2009
Christine
This is one of my all time favorite songs and relates to the workout we did this morning in name only.
"Christine"
500m row
Body Weight Dead Lift
Box Jumps
We ran through the workout in two heats, which allowed a longer recovery time, thankfully, between rounds. I lifted 135#s, which is about 8lbs less than what I actually weighed this morning (I ate an entire pound of sausage yesterday, zoned and in proportion, but a pound nonetheless). Don't worry, it was still heavy. By the third round I was able to increase the reps to 3 at a time, tap and go, which was great. My legs are still wobbly and crispy from Fran this weekend and Annie on Friday (oh my calves!), so box jumps needed to be modified to step ups.
Anna and I did some pull up practice, she did much more than I. My forearms weren't having it, and so I gave it two rounds and called it a day.
I'm crashing on the thyroid hormone, the other direction, and today is a swollen eyes-unbelievable fatigue day. I can't even begin to describe how unnatural it feels to have my eyes open right now. There is an entire day of very clean eating portioned out next to my desk and that usually takes the edge off so my body can delegate resources efficiently. I'm running extremely low today. When my levels get like this, exercise has the opposite affect and ends up slamming me to the pavement for the rest of the day, but I don't dare stop. I will modify a workout before skipping completely due to thyroid fatigue. If I can walk, I can make it to the gym.
Anywho, quick shout out to Cindy in the 5:45am class who informed us this morning that she's lost a total of 11% body fat, which is phenomenal. I'm not one to divulge a woman's age in a public arena, but let's just say that every woman over the age of 35 who believes they have passed their prime should meet her. Just because you never have doesn't mean that you never will. Congrats Cindy!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment