It's official.
My thyroid is regrowing.
I don't know the exact percentage of people who experience this but as my doctor put it this morning, this is "very rare." In light of this news, I'm deeming it a perfect opportunity to heal my immune system, something that my acute condition last summer didn't allow me to do. I have the chance now, while my numbers are actually in the green zone (hooray!), to dive in and really give my lifestyle the final tweak it needs to assist my immune system in calming the f*ck down. Just because I attempted to kill my thyroid, doesn't mean that stopped the autoimmune disease. All I did was remove the object of its hatred, and now that the object has decided to come back to life...well...obviously this creates a situation.
Whatevs. I'm slightly proud of my body's resilience. I hope that in the future it will manifest in a time when I need it most.
No comments:
Post a Comment