"Eva"
5 Rounds For Time
800m Run
30 24kg KB Swing
30 Pull Ups
Eva T is a real person, a badass, and this morning was a workout with her name. She is impressive. Really.

See?
I got through two rounds in the 25 minute cap, 20kg swings and unassisted pull ups. This is day one of 20kg (appx 44lbs)! I'm nervous! This means 20kg swings are now the new normal, which also means that sdhp's are up to 24kg, clean and press is 16kg, and what about the snatches? Hmmm...it's a complicated move, and with too much weight, you could really end up hurting yourself. I'll give it a go at 16kg, but reserve the right to drop for the sake of the form. The only exercise that still remains at the 12kg level is the Turkish Get Up, which should be increased to the 14kg, 16kg is a hearty jump for that move.
Oh 12sie are we coming to the end of our road together? I remember when you were so heavy...
My push ups felt so much tighter in the warm up this morning and Jen confirmed my suspicions that they were in fact pretty push ups. I just described my push ups as "pretty" did you catch that? I'm going to make those pull ups pretty one of these days. I've been taking a few extra breaks during the reps to stop and think about the movement and why it's not working, spending a little more time making sure my feet are together and I'm breathing at the top of the bar instead of holding my breath. This movement is a hard one to get down! When I started kipping in class during workouts, I had some serious expectations for myself and did not anticipate another fresh round of learning curves to deal with. Surprise!
3 comments:
That was an unbelievable hard workout. 10 hours later I'm feeling the effects. Good job with the pullups! And for moving up to the enormous KB!
Stepping up the weight! Nice job!
thanks guys! swinging that 20kg was no arms at all, just legs. all legs. on the way up, on the way down, if i even attempted to use my arms as more than just a guide the form would crumble. i can't imagine snatching that weight....
Post a Comment