Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Nothing but a Number

I am fortunate enough to have been surrounded by people who achieved goals well past their prime. They never paid much attention to whether or not they were too old, they stepped out there and accomplished, even if they were the most weathered body in the bunch. I have never been much afraid of growing old and I hope I can perpetuate that courage into my mid life. It's hard though. With so much emphasis placed on looking and being young, it's difficult to not feel like life slips away as the years tick on. In reality, it's just the opposite. Life gets bigger and it gets better.

MentalFloss has a list of people who launched careers past the age of 55. I'm especially inspired by Grandma Moses who refused to let an age related disability silence her creativity.

There are no rules, there are no time limits. Don't confine yourself to silly boxes and outlines. Just because you never have doesn't mean that you never will!

Please also see the story of Win.

No comments: