This morning MSNBC has an article up linking pesticides and ADHD. While a firm connection between the two hasn't been established just yet, it's another reason to avoid conventionally grown produce....or wash the ever luvin' hell out of it. This includes frozen foods! Make sure that fruit for your smoothie is organic!
Also, please consider ridding your home of cheap plastic containers. Pyrex makes a great 14-piece set which I LOVE LOVE LOVE. I can put hot stuff right in without worrying that chemicals are leeching into my food. The President's Cancer Panel recommends that eating organic, filtering your water and avoiding plastic containers as your number one defense! Read more HERE. Plastic...plastic....oil....
My mind can't stay off the tragedy unfolding in the Gulf of Mexico. I don't think that any of us can really wrap our heads around what the future will be, but we should prepare for the worst. Reports of what is below the surface of the water are being downplayed, in my opinion, because they cast a very bleak outlook on recovery. BP (and others..) has failed tremendously on all fronts, and we should all expect to find ourselves eyeballs deep in gas prices again, because I am doubtful they will survive this. The only thing that is going to get people off the teat of oil is being shoved off economically. We've arrived, it's happening, and there won't be a gentle transition. An acquaintance of mine, Angeliska wrote a poignant post on the subject, I encourage you to read it. Hopefully the oysters, and the fisherman, won't die forever.
No comments:
Post a Comment