Friday, January 2, 2009

How I long to love you

Not all of the exercises we do at CrossFit make me gleeful. There are a handful of little red headed step children that make me groan a little every time I see their names scrawled across the whitewash board....

Wall Ball
Burpees
400m Run/Sprints
Overhead Squat
Box Jumps

I want to love them, trust me on that one. I think the killer is that I don't feel like I'm that good at them. These are the exercises that really bring out my inner complainer to the n-th degree, and I spend more time parenting my thoughts than actually doing the exercise. One of the goals I have for the next couple of months is to work exponentially hard at gaining the confidence I need to fall in love with these guys. Also, I need to make that parenting voice a little more constructive and less critical. No one likes to be bitched at. The huge difference between who I am now and who I was a year ago, is that instead of avoiding, I want to step up and create the change that I want.

My one year with CrossFit is three weeks away.....omg.

No comments: