Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Hiccups

The last two Crossfit challenges that I have participated in were accompanied by, and my participation in was subsequently shut down, by random life changing situations. Spartan Challenge was my thyroid going ape shit, no exercise for three months. Not one push up, fast walk, don't even imagine yourself running kind of no exercise mandate. Turkey Sprint challenge was Tony's passing about a week before competition. After the week of round the clock care and emotional pillaging, there was nothing left in me. Now, three weeks into the I AM CROSSFIT, my boyfriend's father falls into a coma and unfortunately dies.

WTF. Who writes this shit?

My energy is sapped and my focus is truncated. Grief takes the wind out of a person immediately, robs you of the fire, it keeps your knees firmly planted on the ground. This situation is different and slightly indirect, thankfully, but not without a decent quantity of emotional stress. A very large portion of my brain is occupied by my partner and his well being right now. Packing together the focus and intention to workout like a beast is regretfully impossible until he makes it to the next step.

I won't stop like the previous times, that is the different part of this story. I will not allow it to completely shut me down and I will continue through this challenge with as much as I can offer.

But really.

WTF.

1 comment:

Mel_Joulwan said...

I can't actually believe the year you've had. You are made of tough stuff, sister. Diamonds, even.