Monday, September 13, 2010

Shira

A few weeks ago I experienced a stress flare. It came out of nowhere and I found myself pouring over my budget, freaking out about how I was going to afford the bare minimums in my life.

It lasted approximately fifteen or twenty minutes, until I came to the realization that me worrying about failing due to non-action is like me worrying about developing a cocaine habit at this stage in my life. Both are equally impossible. I got my first job at age 14, haven't stopped working for more than a few months since, and reminding myself that creating wealth is as simple as taking on another job. It sucks, but having to eat potatoes and cheap ass chicken sucks more.

Speaking of creating wealth, I really need to take a vacation. A real one. Do you know that I've never taken a real vacation? I'm considering taking a third job to fund a vacation. Actually, scratch that. I will be taking a third job to fund a vacation.

This is the route I'd like to take to the top of Kilimanjaro, btw. it's one of the harder ones, but it's going to take me a long time to save up the money for the trip, so I have plenty of time to train.

Sandbag sprints up stadium steps anyone? You know you want to....

2 comments:

Lory said...

We're making sandbags this weekend so I am up for sprints anytime! Let's do it!

erikajeanne said...

Yesssss. I think the stadium over by 15th and Lamar would be perfect.