Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Man Maker

The very first time I saw man maker on the white board, I started to laugh. WTF is a man maker? Are we wrestling a bear? Gutting an alligator?

No, just burpee to push up, renegade row, jump to squat and clean to press, all this whilst carrying a pair of dumbbells.

Reader say whaaaaa?

Observe:



The most we had to do was 5 reps at once, and then they went down from there so I figured, what the hell, let's go balls out for 30# dbs. I'm so cute sometimes, did you know? I was ALLOVAHTHEMUTHAFUKKINPLACE. Those 30#s were squat cleaning ME. I did 4, and Carey dropped me 5lbs because your homegirl was cruising straight for an injury. A back injury. A bad one.

25# was fine. In fact, I've never done man makers over 20#, soooo, it's a PR Wednesday regardless of the weight drop.

The workout was this: 5-4-3-2-1 man makers, 5-10-15-20-25 GHD sit ups, time: 12:19. These are GHD sit ups:



Anywho, I showed Carey my butterfly and she confirmed that I got over the bar, now I just need to string more and more together, and then add them into a workout. Right now I jump off the bar and spend too much time panting. Cardio-rama.

Happy first day of fall folks....

No comments: