Monday, November 9, 2009

Pizza Face

Confession: I ate pizza three times last week. The first round of pizza was sans cheese and had super thin crust, but was still pizza nonetheless. The second round of pizza was company lunch and that shit was full octane, no joke. Thick crust, extra cheese and pepperoni. It was so good going down and then I spent the remaining afternoon feeling like I had just swallowed a tub of glue. Not pleasant. Round three was last night and it was the creme de la creme of crap: white pizza. I had one and a half pieces and that was all it took. I passed out on the couch in a carb and cheese induced stupor and was awakened a couple of hours later by the thirsts of all thirsts. I think I drank a liter of water in one go.

After round two of pizza my fate was sealed and I was blessed with the mother of all pimples smack dab right between my eyes. Every time I furrow my brow, which is a lot, it feels like a hot poker is stabbing me in the face. That's my body telling me that it's a two way street. Touche body of mine, touche....

My skin is cashed, my eyes are swollen and I promise to never do that again. Or at least for a long, long time.

This morning we had a fancy Tabata circuit:

Tabatas- 8 rounds for each exercise, 20 seconds on, 10 seconds off.
-KB Swings 16kg
-Butterfly sit ups (on back, soles of feet together, like the butterfly stretch)
-Push press 25# DBs
-squats

My lowest numbers for each round: 9/12/5/14

I keep getting these nerve zingers in my left arm now when I go over head with anything higher than a 20# dumb bell, so I attempted five push press reps and tried to get the form as close to correct as possible. I think I was doing more of a push jerk towards the end. Oh well.

Tomorrow Team Phoenix finalizes a new 6 week challenge to get us through the holidays while maintaining our focus. It's about to get strict again.....maybe that's why I ate so much pizza....

No comments: