Monday, September 28, 2009

FGB IV and Angie: 48 Hours Apart

Saturday morning at 8am I started Fight Gone Bad IV in the Elite Female Division. The workout, Fight Gone Bad, consists of three rounds total of one minute at each of these stations:

14lb med ball wall ball
55lb sumo deadlift high pull
20" box jump
55lb push press
row for calories

After cycling through all stations everyone gets a minute long rest. First off, barely any of my wall balls counted. They didn't get high enough. As my wonderful counter, Miriam, stood next to me saying "Erika you have to get it higher, no, no, no, didn't count" I realized that I had to let go of hitting above the line and focus on giving it everything I had. If it counted great, if not, I tried. My total score was 150, which is pretty low, but at the intermediate level I would have scored too high. I couldn't feel good about that at all. So I jumped in, feet first, probably could have pushed a little harder, but I'll save the personal glory for FGB benchmark workout in December...

Angie was yesterday. Remember my last Angie? This one wasn't nearly as traumatic. I decided that I'd switch to a band once my first big rip showed up, and low and behold there she was right at 60 reps into my kipps. I did the remaining 40 on a skinny little purple band and was able make it through to the push ups. Carey and Jen didn't stop me, so I was able to finish up and do the entire 100, pull ups, push ups, sit ups and squats which added to the feeling of accomplishment. My total time was 28 minutes, push ups on toes (but not totally chest to ground), 60 reps of the pull ups were kipps. Not too bad. I can use my hands today and feel most of the muscle tissue in my core and arms, T-Rex all the way baby.

I'm going to use the month of October to get faster. We are scheduled to do nothing but Girls and Heroes this month, which is exciting and terrifying.

Here's the Fight Gone Bad victory shot, moments after time was called.....

4 comments:

Kat said...

Way back when, did you ever think you'd be doing 60 kipping pullups?! That's great! Way to go :)

erikajeanne said...

No, never. In fact, my partner Kito reminded me yesterday, when I told him about those 60 kipps, that just three years ago I remarked that I didn't believe I would ever be a fit person. I just didn't think I was built for it. I'm so glad that I was so wrong....

georgia said...

I'm so freaking proud of you and your 60 kipping pull ups!!! That's MAJOR!! :)

Aaron said...

60 kipping pullups!? Outstanding.