Monday, August 31, 2009

Oiy!

Launching a business is no joke people. No. Joke.

It's moving along, and I may be a tad tardy of my Sept 1 deadline, but it will be completed very soon. Good ole ActionScript 3.0 is giving me a hell of a mental workout, and I'm afraid that a large chunk of my weekend was spent feeling like my brain was in a large knot. I know when to walk away, thankfully. Five years of art school taught me that the worst thing to do when you hit a wall is stay there and stare at it. Walk away, do something else, come back and go at it again. Reason number one for all those wide-eyed pacing students on campus at 3am in the morning. Well, some of them were on drugs...but they were also working their asses off.

I was surprised that I had any energy this morning for Fight Gone Bad, and was especially surprised when there were two rounds as opposed to three. I also realized I was sandbagging it through the first round a little, in prep for three complete waves of the workout. When I found out that it stopped at two, suddenly it didn't hurt so badly. Tisk, tisk. Come September 26th, I will need to pull on energy from the audience and hopefully that will help with my score. I really don't have any expectations, except to finish with the skin on my shins intact. That 14lb med ball just may be my greatest adversary during the entire workout. Right now, I am about 3-4 inches short of that gray box. Grrr.

This will also be my first public athletic competition in 15 years. On that note, please sponsor me! Click Here to lend your support and sponsor me for this event! Your donations support Athletes for a Cure and the Wounded Warrior Project.

Also, I just posted a handful of new recipes on EatCleanLiveStrong. Check them out and let me know you think.

Ok, back to work....

1 comment:

jen said...

check out my page for a pic of you. my how you have changed and grown into such a beautiful strong crossfitter.