Saturday, July 25, 2009

I Changed the Blog Name Again

Obviously.

Drawing While Sober just wasn't doing it for me, because well, I always draw sober now, so it isn't so ground breaking. Also, this blog isn't much about drawing anymore.

It's about tweaking my life through diet and exercise. How much can I adjust those things so that I can get everything that I can out of this little body my mother so carefully crafted for nine months.

When I was a full fledged smoker I was chastised by many a doctor. One doctor in particular surprised me with this conversation during a check up:

Doctor: Do you smoke?

Me: Yes. Pack and a half a day.

Doctor: Have you ever considered quitting?

Me: Of course. I know it will add years to my life.

Doctor: It has nothing to do with longevity. Your genetics are most responsible for that. This is about the quality of your life.

Me: Um. Ok.

Doctor: Do you want to be running when you are 80 or on oxygen?

Me: Running sounds more fun.

Doctor: Quality of life is paramount to just accumulating years.

Me: Yeah, that sounds about right.

It's all about quality of life. Our bodies are the most precious vehicles we have, treat them well and they will never betray you.

What are you doing in order to really make the most out of your body?

PS...if you would like to follow my artistic side also, please check into happy cloud. xox

2 comments:

Mindy said...

I love ur new layout!!!!

erikajeanne said...

thanks Mindy!