Over the last eight weeks I have witnessed my arms morph into the baby stages of some of these shapes and it excites me to no end. I know it may come across as bragging, but when I blurt out about this new and exciting development it's actually because I never believed it was possible.
Let's rewind to when I first discovered CrossFit.com over a year and a half ago....
Their site is intimidating to say the least. A friend recommended Crossfit.com because of their rotating workouts and upon first glance I said aloud "there is no fucking way I could ever do any of that." I'd peek at the site every so often to torture myself and watch the training videos. I was always impressed with the barbell work and the olympic weightlifting demos, believing with every inch of my soul that activity like that was beyond my reach and ability.
Fast forward to present.
The barbell and I are BFF's. Everyday I get closer to successful heavy lifting. I still have a long, long way to go before I can reach the intensity of the women that inspire me, but at least I know that with the proper dedication I can get there. The most difficult part is actually behind me because now I believe that I am capable of these things. It's all about progression at this point and I have no more excuses to hold me back. Hooray!
1 comment:
You looked like a pro with those barbell snatches last week Miss!
Post a Comment