Hooray for boobs! Hooray for boobs!
It blows my mind that our society continues to need proof that breast milk is better than formula, still, in the 21st century...after centuries and centuries of only having breast milk, and we're all still here.
For a huge list why this is mucho importante, please read 101 Reasons To Breastfeed Your Child.
Also, with added information on how non-eco friendly formula is:
Eco-Mama
And furthermore, Mark's take on feeding primal babies: MDA: Primal Babies
Now ya'll know how much I love science. I love science. I do not love the science that has brought us bastardizations of natural substances that worked pretty well on their own and were: F R E E, no money needed. Golly, could money be the motivating cause behind the push against breast milk? Some women, tragically, have trouble breastfeeding and it's socially unacceptable to head over to your already-nursing neighbor's house and ask her to take on an extra mouth like they did back in the day. Because, back in the day boobs did not automatically equal porn, or sex, or giggles. Or maybe they did, but it wasn't taken so seriously as it is today. Funny, huh? So for that I am thankful that another alternative exists, but it should always be the alternative and never the top choice.
Here's a big, hearty THANK YOU! to the Mommas who continue to face palm the creepy scientists and retail store owners who can't handle the baby to the boob. You ladies are da best.
2 comments:
i keep hoping that i'll get thrown out of somewhere for feeding ginger so i can stage a breast feeding parade/riot/protest/sit down. but alas, in the bay area i mostly get a thumbs up! off to ohio and san diego soon, bet i can get a few dirty looks before we wean!
"can't handle the baby to the boob." ha, you are hilarious! I laughed reading this! :)!
Post a Comment