Monday, June 29, 2009

There Is No Time For Puking Or Crying

That is the last thing I heard this morning before I almost lost my damn mind.

Almost, but didn't.

Back Story:
The gym had their monthly benchmark work out this morning, which was "Angie":

100 pull ups
100 push ups
100 squats
100 sit ups

I've always been slightly excited when Angie rolled in, because I could up the intensity just a little bit more, and see where I was at. I've never done Angie (or any benchmark for that matter!) as RX'd (elite, as intended non modified) until this morning.

I arrived at the gym this morning to do 100 kipping pull ups and dammit that was how my morning was going to end. And I did. It took me almost 20 minutes, my form was terrible, a large portion of them probably wouldn't have counted. However, there I was with bleeding palms, and through my brain telling me that I had to stop, I got back up on that bar and pulled as much as I could until there were no more reps left.
Some reps had large chunks of time in between as my brain waffled and I allowed the wincing to take over for a bit, knowing that the first time always hurts the worst and it was going to hurt in lots of different ways...but do not give up.

That was fucking hard. I'm going to eat some ice cream now, because, I owe myself a little coddling. That little seven year old inside me was strong today, and I thank her for not sabotaging my goal.

No comments: