Shaking off art barnacles is a painful process. I've been away for so long that retrieving my sea legs is going to be arduous at best. I love all materials and haven't been much into limiting myself to one medium...which does create problems. Too many options can leave a person stalemated. Do I sew, paint, draw, photograph, collage...draw...all of them? Therefore, I am looking to the past, and while the selection below isn't necessarily what I consider to be my best work...it's work nonetheless and proof that at one point or another I was prolific.
It is a mishmash of many years and many lives.
Old books with white gesso painted over the pages to create a blank sketchbook...there are a total of four of these books, some select pages:




Scanned, printed and sewn together for senior thesis:


The back of the piece was actually my favorite...

Photos:




Digital Drawings:


These were cut out and inlaid into opaque black plastic, and are my favorite collection to date.
Now I just have to jump in and get the weeds out.
1 comment:
Great to see this work again! It's crazy going through old stuff but I always find it helpful when I'm trying to feel where I am at creatively. Beautiful stuff. Let's have an art night soon!
Post a Comment