Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Burpees for Breakfast
I have been doing between 15-30 burpees every morning, depending on how late I wake up. Getting my heart going without the use of caffeine immediately after waking up sets a great tone for the rest of my day. The fog is wiped from my brain and I feel a noticeable difference in the days that I get lazy and decide not to do the burpees. Those days are few and far between at this point. For those willing to give my morning ritual a go, you won't be disappointed.
Meanwhile in WTF land....
I'm in a weird phase right now with my workouts and have felt less than stellar about my performance over the last few weeks. The previous time I was in this rut was due to upping the weight in the bulk of the movements, which always chops the number of max reps, and ups the time. I need to keep that in mind before developing a complex. I accomplished four unassisted pull ups yesterday morning and the first two were really strong and consecutive, chest to the bar on the first go. The last two were ok; chin over the bar, but I felt less powerful at that point. Yet, I feel slightly disappointed in myself that four is all I got, and those DB presses were barely coming out of me. Hmmm....
Reality Check: The WOD was max reps six times, DB press 30# (60# total) and max reps pull ups. Last year I could hardly eek out more than 10 consecutive box jump pull ups and my max DB weight was 10#. I need to relax.
Tonight starts Day #1 in Week #2 of the 100 Push Ups Challenge. By the end of the week I should hit over 15 perfect form push ups. Operative word being should.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Erika, you did a great job at the CRW class on Monday! I saw how hard you were working, and I will not allow you to make disparaging remarks about my inspiring, determined friend Erika.
thank you muchly Mel. yesterday was h.a.r.d....
Do you not remember using only 10 lb DB's a year ago? 30lbs is upping the weight and then some! Plus Crossfit is not supposed to be easy and it never will be. That is why it produces the most elite and fit people in the world. We will always be striving to improve and it will feel tough again and again. But signing up for that reality is pretty darn tough in and of itself. Be proud of yourself girl! YOU ROCK!!
I know! It's ridiculous to think like this! I'm blaming it on Venus...and now that Venus is back on track I can allow myself to be normal again....jeesh.
Post a Comment