I cleaned it all up. The final stage of thyroid chaos clean up is now complete, the rest is gravy. I spent all of my yesterday trudging through my monument of inefficiency. Before I began the process I imagined that this would be comparable to one large and very tangled ball of yarn. One hundred square feet of tangled yarn. My assertion was correct, and this was the first time in my entire life that I have been able to stay on task so diligently and completely.
When I was quitting smoking last year, my glorious hypnotist spent a lot of time with me searching for guilty pleasures. Things to do when one's reward system starts to become more detrimental to improvement. For example, after my first hypnotist session, all I wanted was a very full and very cold pint of beer. I could actually feel the beer in my body, as if I were drinking it in reality. The completeness of visualization that I was able to create was so impulsive, immediate and wholly effective, that I felt confident it could become my greatest tool. Alcohol wasn't the best thing to be gravitated towards, but it's a very typical response. Now that I am having to excommunicate certain foods and drink from my diet again, I spend a lot of time visualizing eating those foods until the urge has passed. I call it "quieting my inner brat."
My reward after completing the daunting task of thyroid chaos cleanup was being able to sit and draw at my work station, a nice and very long hot shower, followed by watching some series on HBO. I recognized that this would have been the perfect time for a nice, large glass of red wine. Possibly paired with the sloppiest Tex-Mex I could find at 10PM, a large queso and saltiest bag of corn chips on the face of the planet.
I had a huge glass of water instead and put my aching body to bed. Who gets a gold star?
Workout of the day: 5 burpees, 20 pushups, 50 squats, 50 sit ups full range, no med ball
No comments:
Post a Comment